cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the diffrence between the C and H regulatory domain ?

Im trying to figure out if there is any difference in available channels on these two regulatory domains for a installation in China.

There have already (some time back) been deployed C domain APs, but now we have got new H domain APs.

Is there anything we should be aware of ?

Im worried that H and C might support some different 5 Ghz channels.

if anyone has some documentation or a pointer, I cant seem to find any.

Thanks.

Thomas

4 Replies 4

Ric Beeching
Level 7
Level 7

Hey Thomas,

I *think* they are compatible with each other so you should be ok. In Australia we have -N (old) and -Z (new) which both operate under the AU country code. Based off this compliance tool below I suspect both -C and -H will operate under the China country code.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/assets/prod/wireless/wireless-compliance-tool/index.html

Ric

-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts

Hey Ric

You are right that they are both compatible with the China country code.

But what im worried about, is that the new H regulatory domain supports more 5 Ghz Channels then the old C domain. a little like the A and B domain.

The reason why is that i have some client devices that are quite old in this setup, and i fear that they will not support some new channels.

So do anyone know if the number of 5Ghz channels has changed from C to H ?

(that must be the real question)

/Thomas

i wish someone give answers to your last post.

Lol, again, I found one of my old posts,  because I was searching for the same problem. But H has more 5 ghz channels available the C. C is only UNII3 . H is UNII1, 2 and 3 , but not 2 extended. It seems. Post done

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card