cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

what is theorotical max for clients/radio AP 9130 and recommended clients per radio?

CiscoBro
Level 1
Level 1

Also could someone tell me the speed of clients as number of clients go up.

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As per experience there is no thumb rule, its all depends on the requirement client to client, site to site and business to business.

best i have seen or achieved was  15-25 clients per AP on before Cat 9K coming to market, Cat 9K still new to market, i have some to test but at this situation we hard to get down time tme to role out and test it.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Lot of different things to take into account:

Client data rates/ signal strength, SNR, Co Channel, interference etc

the thing you need to take into account is the uplinks as well, how big of pipe you have from AP to services clients accessing. You might only get 10mb for a single client if thats all the WAN pipe is and its the only client.

As a rule of thumb you need to design for the clients connecting to the AP and the SNR/ RSSI they require. I would work on 20-30 clients for high throughput devices connecting until more clients are AX and then its anyones guess how well that is going to work.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
With a question like this, I would recommend getting a wireless site survey done properly.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I’m going to add to what everyone else has already posted. Every environment is different and the rule of thumb is what everyone typically follows, just because wireless is half duplex just like the old school hubs back in the day’s. You question is not specific to the 9130’s but to any wireless AP’s be cause you will still have a mix of client types that support different protocols and users having different needs. Stick with the rule of thumb like someone posted, understand your users and environment and get a survey done like Leo mentioned. Proper placement that incorporates density and roaming is the key to success.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

lostinspace
Level 1
Level 1

I do not think or feel that any of you answered the question, I thought they ask how many clients could a9130 AP handle, I know that the 3800 series was tested out around 200 devices per AP, with no degradation noted, to any of the clients if the back haul of the network is great. With that being said, I personally would place about 50 - 60 users per AP since the 9130 supposed to be more stable than the 3800

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card