Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which access point to get??

I am buying the Cisco 3504 Wireless Controller (AIR-CT3504-K9) and four AP3802I access points.  Looking at the part numbers I am confused as which on is for me?

-I'm is North America (USA)
-Want it to be controller-based

Not sure what Mobility express actually means?  I am looking to build a wireless network for our customers.Wireless and Mobility, Aironet Access Points, Buying Recommendation

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

"So I would use the AIR-AP3802I-B-K9?"

Yes,that is the right part number.  "K9C' mean it comes with Mobility Express image, which you do not want when you buy AP that manage via a WLC.

You may need to get maintenance support for 3504 in order to download software upgdate/ reach technical support etc.

HTH

Rasika

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi Boss,

1 .according to your details, you can use below access point. don't worry about controller and you can set the country after the purchase. but for APs you have to buy exact matching model to country regulatory domain. for U.S it is -B. so APs SKU will be
AIR-AP3802I-B-K9.

use https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/assets/prod/wireless/wireless-compliance-tool/index.html to find exact country for you
2. mobility express is coming with inbuilt controller with less features in side of AP. that can use for basic wireless controller configuration other than dedicated controller. also that can support 25 APs by default per mobility express controller.
3. when you selecting AP count, better do a site survey to findout exact AP count you need to cover the area for given number of devices.
good luck

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

So I would use the AIR-AP3802I-B-K9?

I do not need or want internal controller since I am getting Cisco 3504 Wireless Controller (AIR-CT3504-K9). 
So would not get mobility express - right?  With Mobility Express the part number would be AP3802I-B-K9C??

Thanks!

"So I would use the AIR-AP3802I-B-K9?"

Yes,that is the right part number.  "K9C' mean it comes with Mobility Express image, which you do not want when you buy AP that manage via a WLC.

You may need to get maintenance support for 3504 in order to download software upgdate/ reach technical support etc.

HTH

Rasika

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Unless the authorized reseller is going "match" the price of the 3800 with the 2800, I'd recommend 2800 over the 3800.
The price difference between the two is the mGIG port.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card