Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wifi Calling Issues Cisco 9800

Wifi Calling issues reported from a site which got upgraded to 17.6.5 on 9800 Cluster.

HA is working. Old version 17.3.5b, wifi calling worked fine

This site doesnt have cell coverage and users depend on wifi to call over to PSTN network outside world. 

What are specific settings if any?

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@royce.varughese.1984 wrote:
Wifi Calling issues reported from a site which got upgraded to 17.6.5 on 9800 Cluster.

Is that all the information provided for troubleshooting?

So we do manage the wireless network.

Wireless calling option is what users do to connect with family and they have complained after recent upgrade/refresh this has stopped working.

Guess was looking for expert community if this is something anyone has seen and had to troubleshoot or change in settings to get it working

"Worked before and stopped working after the upgrade" does not constitute "troubleshooting". 

1. How many people have complained about the issue? 
  2. What type of wireless clients were having problems?
  3. IF they are "WiFi calling", what phone network are the complaints coming from?
  4. Most important of all the questions:  Has anyone, from the team who manages the WiFi, gone and verified the issue(s)?

I seem to be hitting a similar issue, in my scenario, have several WLCs (including both AireOS and IoS-XE) pointing to a guest anchor.  Only the WLCs with 17.6.5 have users complaining about poor WiFi Calling performance.  A different 9800 on earlier code seems to be fine.  I have done a bug search and found nothing, anybody else seeing this behavior?  If so, can you provide BugID and/or details?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card