cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WiFi Connected but getting No Internet Access

mgerguis
Level 1
Level 1

We have several Cisco AP 2802i configured with one AP as controller managing the other AP's, with 2 VLan's, 1st for office use, 2nd for Guest access.

All was working fine for several months, then began to see complaints that though WiFi connection is made  "no internet access" message show & nothing works for 5-10 minutes then some time it start working on its own other keeps until restart AP / PC or go with wired connection instead.

We tried to troubleshoot but couldn't figure cause thus at one point went ahead & reset the configuration for all AP's & re-configured again but without VLAN's, unfortunately still problem persists.

Any help would be appreciated as running out of ideas, noting same setup in another office is working okay but with AP1832i instead of AP2802i.

25 Replies 25

Try some basic troubleshooting.  Windows devices would detect if there is a duplicate mac address.  Are you able to reach local resources?  Have you checked your NAT configuration and verified any translations?  You have issues with any wired devices or wired devices on that same vlan you have issues with?  Nothing has changes before you started experiencing this issue?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Windows devices would detect if there is a duplicate mac address.

I didn't see any duplicate of mac address on the core switch and WLC log, i will recheck again on this.

Are you able to reach local resources?

While connected the wireless with Limited sign, it has no ip address assigned and can't access local resources.

Have you checked your NAT configuration and verified any translations?

Yes, no Nat configuration in their LAN Besides traffic attempt go to Internet.(PAT)

You have issues with any wired devices or wired devices on that same vlan you have issues with?

have no issue with Wired devices but i have to confirm again if is on the same vlan with wireless SSID however mobile devices had no issue to connect the same SSID and obtained ip address.

Nothing has changes before you started experiencing this issue?

No changes on configuration besides upgraded the WLC firmware to version 8.10.142

Thanks

Hello to everyone reading this thread. I'm responding here to my own question, to tell everyone that we have figured out the solution to my problem, regarding the wifi connectivity issues, and I hope this helps everyone facing the same problem. The only thing I did is that I upgraded to a newer version of cisco mobility express 1830 series. It seems that version 8.10.105.0 is stable and for more than a year the problem has not appeared once, and everything is working great. 

jefryarch
Level 1
Level 1

It could be an issue with your operating system settings or the router. Unfortunately, there is no single solution to fix this issue. As a first step, restart your networking equipment and device and see if that fixes the problem. As with the router, network and software problems often get fixed automatically with a simple restart. Also, check if the connection line to your ISP is working. All the status lights on your modem should be on (Power, DSL, Data, LAN). If it doesn't help you, then go to the following section.

• Distance from Laptop to wifi-router
  • Check Modem Lights
  • Flush your DNS
  • Change your DNS server address
  • IP address conflict
  • Outdated network driver
  • Check your ISP's status

ziqex
Level 4
Level 4

Have you found the fix to the issue you are facing?

Thank you

Regards,

Daniel

Unfortunately not yet, I opened a ticket with Cisco support but still after several weeks not much progress

currently working with 3rd party network support to see if they can take this forward.

What is the version of the firmware that you have on your switch?

We've upgraded to  16.12.05b and so far this week there was no problems.

Thanks

Regards,

Daniel

ziqex
Level 4
Level 4

We started facing similar issue a few weeks ago. TAC case is still opened but they can't see anything in the logs.

At the time of the issue I have no internet access message and cannot any internal or external resources.

after 10-15 minutes it starts working or once I disconnect and reconnect back to wireless.

WLC However, I can have two laptops next to each other and the one connected to the same WLAN will work fine without problems whereas the other machine will face this no internet access. The issue is completely random, we cannot replicate and had to wait till it happens if we want to test and try something. 

Software Version8.10.151.0

@ziqex Any resolution? Same firmware. Same issue.

We've upgraded the switch where AP was connected as well as now running Software Version 8.10.162.0 on the WLC.

The issue was resolved. Thanks

My controller (AIR-CT3504-K9) having 70 quantity AP (AIR-AP-1815I-D-K9) are connected to the controller, But showing no internet.

Controller is running software version 8.5.131.0   

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card