Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 7 laptops unable to connect to WiFi automatically

jeen_wifi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

We are facing a wierd issue where the Windows 7 laptops are unable to connect to the corporate Wifi automatically.

We have pushed the profiles using Group Policy and there are about 15 profiles present on each laptop. The SSIDs are not broadcasted and PEAP is the authentciation method. While the Windows XP and some of the older Win 7 laptops connect fine the newer Dell 6410/20s doesnt. Upgrading the wireless card drivers hasnt made a difference.

I am posting this to know if anyone else on this forum has faced this issue and found a fix? Please suggest what could be the problem. Thank you in advance.

Best Regards

17 Replies 17

If the client associates then yes.. So if EAP fails will it show up, yes.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thanks. The issue that we have is that some clients never show up on the WLC. So its not an issue with EAP.

Either the clients are not probing or the APs are ignoring the active probe requests from clients. Is there anyway i could find this without being onsite with a sniffer?

I think the debug "dot11 .... probe" might show which clients it sees probing.

‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card