cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless APs AIR-CAP3602I not registering with WLC

craig.stansbury
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have a wireless AIR-CAP3602I that is not coming online with the WLC. I ran a packet capture on the AP and after the DTLS certificate verify, there is a change cipher spec, encrypted handshake message, and then another change cipher spec message. After that, there are some syslog messages stating the DTLS was created successfully, and then finally a join request. There is nothing after the join request.

The version on the AP is Cisco IOS Software, C3600 Software (AP3G2-RCVK9W8-M), Version 15.3(3)JC102, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

The version on the vWLC is 8.3.150.0

This AP has registered before, but now it is not. Lastly, after searching around for other issues, I ensured that both the WLC and the AP are pulling the correct time. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks @patoberli .

All of those settings were correct. I did another google describing my current issue, and this time I included the keyword "vWLC". The AP has to be in FlexConnect mode (rather than Local) to work with a virtual WLC. I am still learning Wireless and I was unaware of this. As soon as I made the change, the SSID showed up. I am going to make this as solved, even though both issues were related to user error. The fix for the original issue is that I had to accept the EULA agreement for the trial license. 

Thank you both for your help!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@craig.stansbury wrote:

This AP has registered before

The output to the "sh version" says otherwise.  
The AP is booting up an RCV image. 

Post the complete output to the following commands: 

1.  WLC:  sh sysinfo; 

2.  WLC:  sh time; 

3.  AP:  sh version; 

4.  AP:  sh ip interface brief; 

5.  AP:  sh capw cli rcb; and 

6.  AP:  sh inventory

NOTE:  Remove the IP address from the output but DO NOT REMOVE ANYTHING ELSE. 

Leo, the request information is attached.

So, I should mention that the vWLC is still under the eval period. When I posted this issue I hadn't realized that I never accepted the EULA. I accepted that, and I do see the 3600 showing up in the WLC. Additionally, I had a 3500 that I have that also wouldn't show up in the WLC, but that is there now.

However, between both of the APs, I do not see any of the WLANs that I have created showing up when I try to search for it on a Windows Laptop, a MAC Laptop, and an iPhone. I'm not sure if you think it would be best for me to close this issue out and then create a new one for the SSIDs not showing up, or if we can continue on this thread.

This can happen if a wrong country code is selected, the supplied power to the AP is too low (I doubt this in your case) or the SSID is simply not enabled for broadcasting.

Thanks @patoberli .

All of those settings were correct. I did another google describing my current issue, and this time I included the keyword "vWLC". The AP has to be in FlexConnect mode (rather than Local) to work with a virtual WLC. I am still learning Wireless and I was unaware of this. As soon as I made the change, the SSID showed up. I am going to make this as solved, even though both issues were related to user error. The fix for the original issue is that I had to accept the EULA agreement for the trial license. 

Thank you both for your help!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card