cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Bridging

trevorjackson
Level 1
Level 1

There is a wireless community that is setup near a client of mine. They have a signal, but it is very weak. What I want to do is put some piece of hardware in that can sit on top of their trailer and then connect to a hub that we can plug ethernet cables into. Basically I need to connect a trailer to the wireless network and be able to put in several network drops in this trailer that anyone could plug a wired laptop into.

If someone could please recommend a product and point me in the right direction of how to configure the product, that would be fantastic.

3 Replies 3

kmarrero
Level 4
Level 4

I think what you are looking for is a 350 series workgroup bridge. You can connect up to eight laptops/PCs to a hub and connect the hub to the workgroup bridge. Read over the documentation on the URL below to make sure this fits your needs.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps458/ps461/index.html

This seems like it would work, but with this product is it necessary to have a workgroup bridge on each end? I do not have any control over the wireless network that I will be connecting to. Also, does this product support one of the more powerful antennas?

The WGB needs to associate with an access point, not with another bridge.

It has 2 external RP-TNC connectors for any standard Cisco antennas.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card