Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless CCNP and CCNP

Good morning to the gang in here, I have a small question, possibly may be redundant and I extend to the team the sincerest apologies.

I currently have an active, CCNA, Wireless CCNA and CCNP (about to expire in April 2018).

My question is the following, the Wireless CCNP is comprised of 4 exams

300-360, 300-365, 300-370 and 300-375  If I were to pass any of those 4 exams prior to April 2018, lets say March 2018, would it automatically extend my CCNP, Wireless CCNA, and CCNA for 3 from that time?

Thank you so much

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi @antonios.skoulariotis

That´s correct. 

By the way, I need to take at least on exam as well until Jun 2018, otherwise, my certs will expire.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

View solution in original post

Yes, See below for more detail about re-certification requirements

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/training-events/training-certifications/certifications/professional/ccnp-routing-switching.html#~stickynav=6

Recertification

Cisco Professional-level certifications (CCDP, CCNP Cloud, CCNP Collaboration, CCNP Data Center, CCNP Routing and Switching, CCNP Security, CCNP Service Provider, and CCNP Wireless) are valid for three years.

To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:

• Pass any current 642-XXX Professional-level or any 300-XXX Professional-level exam, or
  • Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
  • Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
  • Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications

When using a higher level of certification to extend other certifications, the expiration date of other certifications will extend to the expiration date of the higher certification (i.e.: If you have one year left on your CCNA certification and you earn a CCIE certification (which has a two-year certification life) then both your CCIE certification and your CCNA certification will expire two years from the date you achieved the CCIE certification). For more information, access the How to Recertify page.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi @antonios.skoulariotis

That´s correct. 

By the way, I need to take at least on exam as well until Jun 2018, otherwise, my certs will expire.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Thank you for the reply, I guess I am on my way into the Wireless CCNP

Yes, See below for more detail about re-certification requirements

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/training-events/training-certifications/certifications/professional/ccnp-routing-switching.html#~stickynav=6

Recertification

Cisco Professional-level certifications (CCDP, CCNP Cloud, CCNP Collaboration, CCNP Data Center, CCNP Routing and Switching, CCNP Security, CCNP Service Provider, and CCNP Wireless) are valid for three years.

To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:

• Pass any current 642-XXX Professional-level or any 300-XXX Professional-level exam, or
  • Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
  • Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
  • Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications

When using a higher level of certification to extend other certifications, the expiration date of other certifications will extend to the expiration date of the higher certification (i.e.: If you have one year left on your CCNA certification and you earn a CCIE certification (which has a two-year certification life) then both your CCIE certification and your CCNA certification will expire two years from the date you achieved the CCIE certification). For more information, access the How to Recertify page.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

I appreciate your input and the detailed information associated with it.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card