cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Client Access of bridge antennas

pyrichglobal1
Level 1
Level 1

I wish to find out the possibility of using the AIR-ANT2506 2.4Ghz bridge antenna on the AIR-LAP1242-E/AK9 AG Access Point in AP mode and the possibility of clients such as mobile laptops associating with this antenna.

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I wish to find out the possibility of using the AIR-ANT2506 2.4Ghz bridge antenna on the AIR-LAP1242-E/AK9 AG Access Point in AP mode and the possibility of clients such as mobile laptops associating with this antenna.

Hi Chidubem,

What are you trying to achieve?  The 2506 is supported on the 1240 but whether or not you are doing the right thing or the thing right are two separate things.

Thanks leolaohoo,

The AIR-LAP1242-E/AK9 AG Access Point obviously supports the AIR-ANT2506 2.4Ghz bridge antenna. But the twist here is that Cisco listed this antenna as a bridge antenna. I wonder how the client machines will perform with this antenna connected to an AP functioning as an AP and not a BRIDGE!!!

I'm trying to find a long range Omni antenna to use with the AIR-LAP1242-E/AK9 AG outdoors for a MESH deployment, because I have a wide area to cover with limited budget. Here throughput is not an issue because the clients will be barcode readers and seldom some laptops. hence, I need an insight on feasibility or possible recommendations for a compatible outdoor Omni with up to 100meters radius range at probably 2mbps.

Thanks for the response

What is the dimension of the are you wish to cover?

What are the obstacles around the area?

How many APs are you planning to deploy?

The site plan is attached below

The place is an out open space used for stacking equipments. The maximum equipment height is 25ft all.

I intend deploying five AIR-LAP1242-E/AK9 APs for now.

The place is an out open space used for stacking equipments. The maximum equipment height is 25ft all.

Oh nuts!  a/b/g tend to behave very, very bad when you have metals such as equipments stacked up to form corridors.  Signals get absorbed or bounced AWAY from your intended path.  At 25 feet, you're talking about alot of antennas and WAPs.

Actually, the equipments are not stacked upon each, and the equipment heights ranges from 2 to 10 feet high on an asphalt floor.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card