Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Controller 5508 setting problem

anguswonghf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm now configuring the 5508 controller, I have enable the 802.11n and test with a 802,11n client.

But the client software display the speed is 144M, I have set to use WPA2-AES, enable WMM, is that any other setting for enable the 802.11n 300M??

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ANgus,

I guess whats you are getting is for G radio.. this the MAX N-Speed we can get over G radio!!

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

Hi Angus,

This cause me a big problem! Not all of the wireless NIC can fix to use 5GHz, and user may not know how config it.

Is there any method can globally set the 2.4GHz in use of 40MHz channel width?

ANS - lemme tell u one thing!! CISCO doesnot recommend using Channel Bonding on the G radio.. if you Hower over to Wireless >> 802.11 A/N >> DCA here you can see 20 MHz and 40 MHz however on the 802.11 B/G/N >> DCA we just dont have that option.. so its not der in Global..

We need to do that manually on the client i guess..

Please Dont forget to mark the post as answered if this answered your question and clarified your doubts..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ANgus,

I guess whats you are getting is for G radio.. this the MAX N-Speed we can get over G radio!!

Regards
Surendra
====

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi Surendra,

Yes, you are right.

I checked the client status, it show im running in 802.11n (2.4).

I've try to change the 802,11a/n channel width into 40MHz, some of the client can show 300M with running in 802,11n (5).

I think the problem is the channel width must be 40MHz, in the controller only can set 802.11a/n channel width to 40MHz, but not available in 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz).

This cause me a big problem! Not all of the wireless NIC can fix to use 5GHz, and user may not know how config it.

Thanks!

Hi Angus,

ANS - lemme tell u one thing!! CISCO doesnot recommend using Channel Bonding on the G radio.. if you Hower over to Wireless >> 802.11 A/N >> DCA here you can see 20 MHz and 40 MHz however on the 802.11 B/G/N >> DCA we just dont have that option.. so its not der in Global..

We need to do that manually on the client i guess..

Please Dont forget to mark the post as answered if this answered your question and clarified your doubts..

Regards
Surendra
====

Regards
Surendra BG

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

During our testing of our wireless and WLC, we couldn't figure out why the client was connected to "N" but negotiated to 150mbps.  In our disgust, we got another client with a different WLAN NIC and we saw it was running at 300 mbps.  We have determined that some NICs will "support" 802.11n but really can't achieve the speed.

J_Vansen_S
Level 3
Level 3

Hi; I am too wondering why I'm getting only 130mbps on my wireless client. So can we conclude that to achieve 300mbps; we'll need to use 5ghz N 40mhz on WLC with a 5ghz N client.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Yes you are right!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card