Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless issue with broadcom lancard

jangkiyoun
Level 1
Level 1

hi all

i have issue with broadcom that device(laptop) getting download speed is flapping. other chipset like intel btter than broadcom.

do you have any idea about this issue?

this is spec

controller - 55XX Ver7.3.112.0

ap - 1240

wireless chipset -broadcom bcn4313

thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Looks like its your broadcom card trying to figure out the modulation it will be using. There isn't really any configuration changes that you would need to do on the WLC since your data rates is flapping from 19-54.  As long as everything is transperent to the user, there is nothing really wrong.  The download or transfer looks like its fine, so really, no issue if you ask me... I never use the Windows utility to check my signal anyways:)

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Update your driver and test again.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

i was update already  

i will show you movie clip.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Flapping?  You need to provide more info than this.

Is the wireless SIGNAL going up/down or is the radio chipset going up/down?

would you check that video clip?

i uploaded how it's works.

thank you.

Looks like its your broadcom card trying to figure out the modulation it will be using. There isn't really any configuration changes that you would need to do on the WLC since your data rates is flapping from 19-54.  As long as everything is transperent to the user, there is nothing really wrong.  The download or transfer looks like its fine, so really, no issue if you ask me... I never use the Windows utility to check my signal anyways:)

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

thank you Scott.

i just want make sure about that.

by the way i sent issue broadcom and laptop vender but i couldn't any answer.

i'm also pretty sure that speed don't have meaning for real speed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card