Helpful
Replies

wireless Point to point

shah.a.jawad
Level 1
Level 1

Dear's

Greetings,

I need a support to select a wireless outdoor access point. Below is the requirement. It would be great if you can support me in this. 

There is an industrial site. as attached.

In the Image, you can see There is main office where the IT Room is located. From this main IT Room we need to pull UTP Cable to outsite accesspoint. Which can transmit its signal to other access point wirelessly. Distance is 92 meters. The main motive is to provide internet to the users at the other end.

Kindly advice is it possible in cisco accesspoints. If yes what model should be used.

Earlier it was point to point devices used. which we want to replace with cisco.

It would be great help if anyone can suggest

Have a nice day

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

yes you need to look some security point of view..rest all work as mentioned in the document.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi Balaji

Thanks for your great help.
users who are connecting to access point bridge can access internet wirelessly. i dont want to pull cable till the users. Its a complete wireless requirement till end user. Only Main access point will be connected to cable

yes you need to look some security point of view..rest all work as mentioned in the document.

BB

Hi Balaji,

I really happy to receive your quick response, really appreciate your support,

I am going for 1570 series outdoor access points.With external antenna's

Hope it supports as follows:

• Bridging mode / point to point
  • covers 92 meter's
  • AP 1 -Broadcast signal from main AP 
  • AP 2 -Receive signal from Main AP and broadcast to end users wirelessly.

Kindly advice

You can verify the same with product data sheet.( on over look yes it support - but worth you confirm reading the document)

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-1570-series/datasheet-c78-732348.pdf

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card