Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Signal but can not connect to Wireless Network

Amir Yanny
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

Let me know your thoughts, I recently deployed an external wireless AP "1550" with an external Antenna "AIR-ANT2588P3M-N". The purpose of this was to provide wireless signal to 3 cameras sitting on 3 poles few feet away. The cameras are used for external monitoring.

After finishing all the configuration, i see wireless signal when i am beside the furthest pole on my phone, where the camera is hanging, the signal is 75%. However...

- I can't connect the camera to the network and 

- The laptop that i am using is not connecting to the network as well...

I attached a photo of the model of the camera for your info... 

Your thoughts and recommendations are highly appreciated..

Thanks,

a.

4 Replies 4

Tim Y
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If your laptop can't connect to it either, then you probably have a problem with your configuration. The camera model isn't relevant so far. We need to see how your wireless network is configured. Can you send us information about:

• The AP image type (Lightweight or Autonomous)
  • The AP mode (Flexconnect, Local, Mesh)
  • The WLAN settings
  • Interface settings of the interface that is being used in the WLAN
  • The network. Are you using a separate VLAN for these cameras or...?

Regards,

Tim

To add to what Tim mentioned.....

Unwrap the onion. Get a device connected first and then start dealing with the cameras. Sometimes make an open network and then start to add layers of security ..

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Makes sense and we started already with this and I saw clients, i will verify and check if there are clients or not still connected.

thank,

a.

Thanks for your reply, i will collect this info and uploaded here... few things i can answer quickly..

AP is lightweight 

AP mode is Flexconnect

WLAN setting is similar to 700 other APs in the same network.

The interface setting is similar to the other AP's however this AP is used to feed only the cameras, when i first installed it there was clients successfully connected to it... i will check the status again.

There is no separate Vlan for the cameras.

I will still send the configs of the interfaces....

Thanks,

a.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card