cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless signal coverage signal strength is good but the problem with Network health and channel overlap are more

Hello Everyone

In our one project  after implementation of wireless project

i had done post survey for wireless heatmaps

i had getting signal strength is good for which -67dbm for both 2.4 & 5ghz

but the problem which i am facing bad Network Health and channel overlaps are more

in controller we change the autotunning  for channel for one floor for both 2.4 and 5ghz and some APS we change the transmit power to 2

for that one floor which we tunned we are getting good network health and  channel overlap the report for combined 2.4 and 5ghz

but for single report 2.4 and 5 ghz the report for Network Health  and channel overlap are not good 

for postsurvey the tools i am using ekahau

when i am using the ekahau tool every time tool mesage upgarded latest version or skip version

for postsuvey for main thing for approved heatmaps like

1 signal strength should be -65 or -67 dbm

Support in this regard will be highly appreciated.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wait a second.  I've seen this floor map before!

Are there two of you working on this issue?

View solution in original post

Syed,

if you have a high density of AP's you will most likely always see channel overlap on the 2.4ghz and dependent BG in the channel width used on the 5ghz and available channels, you can also see channel overlap.  It's always good to set the max/min TX power and then test areas.  You can use AP groups along with RF profiles to tune your network. Areas that are more open vs closed areas vs hallway, you can force limits to get your power where it needs to be in which one AP doesn't overpower an adjacent AP in which a client will tend to favor.  Take an area at a time and play around with power and data rates until you find a sweet spot that works well. this depends on how much time you want to play around and learn the RF in the environment.  Client devices and applications play a role also, but you should be able to still find a sweet spot.

-Scott

*** Please rate helpful posts ***

-Scott

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wait a second.  I've seen this floor map before!

Are there two of you working on this issue?

Thanks Leo Laohoo

yes i was not ware  

Any suggestions regarding this Network health and channel overlap

Syed,

if you have a high density of AP's you will most likely always see channel overlap on the 2.4ghz and dependent BG in the channel width used on the 5ghz and available channels, you can also see channel overlap.  It's always good to set the max/min TX power and then test areas.  You can use AP groups along with RF profiles to tune your network. Areas that are more open vs closed areas vs hallway, you can force limits to get your power where it needs to be in which one AP doesn't overpower an adjacent AP in which a client will tend to favor.  Take an area at a time and play around with power and data rates until you find a sweet spot that works well. this depends on how much time you want to play around and learn the RF in the environment.  Client devices and applications play a role also, but you should be able to still find a sweet spot.

-Scott

-Scott

Thanks Scott Fella

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card