cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless training

Eric Kemsley
Level 1
Level 1

Looking for some training on the 2500 series controller and 1142 or 1040 AP's preferably. I have called all the Cisco numbers I can find with no luck.

TIA,

Eric

10 Replies 10

Yahya Jaber
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

what do you mean by training? what do you want to know?

Thanks for the reply,

There is so much to confgure on the controller, I want to be sure I am setting it up correctly and I want to learn what everything does. I am able to get my wireless network up and running ok, but not sure I have optimzed my settings. I will be installing another one soon and want to be able to set it up with guest and internal users.

Eric

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This may help ..

Here is a link to the config examples and tech notes

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/tech_configuration_examples_list.html

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thanks George, I have gone through a lot of that, but i am a visual / hands on learner. I could read all day and not be much better off.

Eric

Eric,

I know where you are coming from. I am the same way my friend.

Here is a link to get you started on the initial config.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzZCu-_6Q1k

As for nerd knob specifics. After you have your WLC up and running start to deep dive each item. Read the config guide, google and support forums.

I also run a blog my80211.com which is largley Cisco wireless.. I have videos and blogs on many subjects.

Hope this helps ..

‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

Hi,

if you want my advice, i would go to the configuration guide of the software that you are using, and whenever i wonder for a point that needs clarification, i would read the related chapter.

its just dont click any option unless you read about it.

I hope you wont face any issue, and remember that we can all help here.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is my 2 cents. You can learn the basic stuff from information on Cisco.com, the support documents and you tube... Or even blog sites like George's:). Tweaking and understanding every little detail requires time in different environments in which you learn what works and what doesn't. Your best bet is to learn the basics by self learning or taking a class, but the forums will help when you start tweaking things or running into issues. That's my 2 cents.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

wow nerd1 knob1 got "*" out .. LOL

Thanks everyone for the tips and links! I will go through them and I am sure be back with more questions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card