cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Upgrade Project

BCMP
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I currently have a pair of 5508 acting as foreign controllers and one 5520 in the DMZ for my Anchor. I'm planning a migration with cost consideration. I'm planning on replacing all my controllers with new VM 9k wireless controllers keeping the 2702 APs. Can you tell me if this is possible and what licenses I would need in my case? 

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can keep the 2702's with 9K controllers, but the catch is last supported code for this AP's are 17.3.X. !7.3.X being a long term support code you can safely keep this AP's untill the end of Life day. But I would recommend to consider upgrading them in advance. You can keep using your 5520 in your DMZ as Anchor for Guest or as per your requirement. 

With regards to the licenses you need DNA licenses per AP (DNA & Network Advantage or Essentials).  

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes possible and Look at the matrix supported list :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

is this traditional WLC deployment  ? 

For License i would suggested to contact Local SE or Cisco partner can guide you better also give option for buy back if any discount.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks. What do you mean by traditional? 

With the SD-Access ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The existing deployment is traditional. Is there a way to do SD access with the 2702's and the new controllers? 

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can keep the 2702's with 9K controllers, but the catch is last supported code for this AP's are 17.3.X. !7.3.X being a long term support code you can safely keep this AP's untill the end of Life day. But I would recommend to consider upgrading them in advance. You can keep using your 5520 in your DMZ as Anchor for Guest or as per your requirement. 

With regards to the licenses you need DNA licenses per AP (DNA & Network Advantage or Essentials).  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card