Views
Helpful
Replies

WISM-2 in VSS 6500 with AP-SSO

belessing
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community,

this time I have a question about AP-SSO in an VSS environment. I need to configure AP-SSO (HA Pairing) of two WISM-2 boards (SW 7.3.101.0) in different 6500 Switch Chassis which are configured in VSS Mode (IOS 15.0.1). In the documentation it says I have to create a "redundancy" vlan, which crosses the VSL link an is used for heartbeat and db replication.

Can someone please post a configuration example, or at least a link to documentation? I wonder how to create this special vlan (global statemet, in the WISM section ?).

Thank you very much,

Regards Benjamin

Edit: After some web search I understand that I have to create a new vlan and in global mode use the command  "wism redundancy-vlan [VLAN-No.]" to use this vlan for redundancy (heartbeat, db sync,...). Does someone know if I can use the same vlan as I use for service (communication sup <-> wism) ?      

1 Reply 1

belessing
Level 1
Level 1

Just as a follow-up: It works fine. You just have to add a new vlan and tell the switch to it as the redundancy vlan (wism redundancy-vlan x). Don´t forget to add it to the trunk between sup <-> wism. After that just normal HA configuration and it works.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card