Views
Helpful
Replies

WLAN isn't working with indoor ROOT AP and MESH AP

Wellington L
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm using one Virtual Wireless Lan Controller and one SSID configured.

I enabled the WLAN but it isn't working with the ROOT AP and MESH AP.

I configured the ROOT AP and MESH AP and they are with the radios UP and i can access the MESH AP.

I enabled all configurations in the MESH page in Wireless page in the Controller.

I'm using the EAP to authenticate all Access Points and i put them mac-address in the security --> Mac-filtering --> Any WLAN.

My AP Group is default-group and the Access Points are there, the SSID is enabled and broadcasting.

Will i need more configuration or is this a limitation from Virtual Wireless Lan Controller ?

Thank You.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well that looks good... I'm really wondering if it does support indoor mesh as I know it supports the outdoor mesh only on FlexConnect mode. Maybe it's something you need to ask TAC. Maybe it is supported but broke:).

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

Mesh mode is an variant of Local mode it won't be supported by vWLC. will've the RNE corrected.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn74.html#wp973325

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't thing MESH is supported on the vWLC.

-Scott

If it is outdoor mesh , it is not supported else it should work

These APs are indoor and i configured one with ROOT AP and another with MAP and i disconnected this MAP from the network after configuration and i turn on this without ethernet connection and this connected with the ROOT AP nornally and i can see it in the WLC and i can reach it from the wired network to ping and access using SSH.

But the radios are UP in the two APs and the 5Ghz are closing the link connection between the ROOT AP and MESH AP but the 2.4 GHZ is UP but isn't broadcasting any SSID in both.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Okay so they are indoor APs. So now, what exact model and please post your show WLAN and a show ap group summary.

-Scott

I can see this error in the MAP and ROOT.

*Mar  5 12:05:05.897: %LWAPP-3-CLIENTERRORLOG: Delete VAP: received a delete request for an invalid WLAN ID 1

The APs are 1142N. My Virtual Wireless Lan Controller is in the 7.4 version, i tried with the 7.3 and it didn't work and now i tried with the 7.4 and continue not working.

Thank You.

Just quick question, are you able to see the SSID on the wireless clients or not ?

If you are able, your clients are not able to connect, right ? If that is the case, please

have the output of :

debug client < mac address of the client >

I can't see it in the client.

In the debug client, nothing shows.

Yeah... maybe it's just broke. I have only used the vWLC with FlexConnect and that is really it. Not as stable as a WLC but it is what it is.

-Scott

Yes, me too.

I just used the vWLC with the FlexConnect mode, this is the first time that i'm doing a LAB like this.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well that looks good... I'm really wondering if it does support indoor mesh as I know it supports the outdoor mesh only on FlexConnect mode. Maybe it's something you need to ask TAC. Maybe it is supported but broke:).

-Scott

Ok Scott, i will contact TAC and after i post the answer here.

Thank You.

Keep us posted!

-Scott

Any luck?

Mesh mode is an variant of Local mode it won't be supported by vWLC. will've the RNE corrected.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn74.html#wp973325

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card