cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 2504 IOS clients frequently disconnected

An7464
Level 1
Level 1

Im using WLC 2504 software version: 8.3.150.0.

User login via Web-Auth.

IOS devices got disconnected frequently and have to re-connect manually but Android devices and PC do not and they can connect to SSID automatically after disconnecting (go outside, turn wifi off).

Sleeping client timeout: 720 minutes

Session timeout: 43200 seconds

Client user Idle timeout: 43200 seconds (Yes, its 12 hours but Users still got disconnected)

ARP timeout: 43200 senconds

Please help me solve this problem, i did search all over internet but nothing works.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
You have the values wrong. First when using sleeping client, you should only use that and leave idle timeout to default and I would just disable session timer. If you were not to use sleeping client, your idle timer has to be lower than the session timer or else behind the scenes stays at default which is 5 minutes.
So try to disable your session timer, set the idle timer to default value and set sleeping client to a value in which you don’t want webauth users to loving again on the portal.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You can debug the ios-client connectivity issues with the Wireless Debug Analyzer available from :

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/wireless-troubleshooting-tools/#!wireless-troubleshooting-tools/wireless-troubleshooting-tools

(Also consider upgrading the WLC and use the latest firmware)..

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
You have the values wrong. First when using sleeping client, you should only use that and leave idle timeout to default and I would just disable session timer. If you were not to use sleeping client, your idle timer has to be lower than the session timer or else behind the scenes stays at default which is 5 minutes.
So try to disable your session timer, set the idle timer to default value and set sleeping client to a value in which you don’t want webauth users to loving again on the portal.
-Scott

Thank you Scott, i'm trying your suggestion, but there is no feedback from users yet. I will update this post after i get their feedback.

Sounds good.
-Scott

Hi Scott, i got some positive feedback from IOS Users, their devices can connect to SSID automatically now and no longer got disconnected while in used.

Thank you.

That’s great. All I would suggest is to determine the sleeping timer value. Think about it from a user perspective. I honestly would not want to have to hit that login page more than once a day.
-Scott

Perhaps i will increase sleeping timeout to 15 days or 1 month. People start complaining they have to re-login everyday.

Yup, that is what you need to balance.
-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card