cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 2504 unable to change regulatory domain based on Country.

Shawnlyq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm currently trying out an old WLC 2504(Software version: 8.5.171.0).

However, I'm stumbled as the WLC regulatory domain does not match it's configured country code.

Steps I've taken:
disabled both 802.11a/n and 802.11b/g

change country code to Sg

resulted in:

802.11a/n : (Indoor: -S, Outdoor: -S)

802.11b/g/n: (Indoor: -E, Outdoor: -SE)

As 802.11b/g/n regulatory domain is not (-S), my console would state

capwap_ac_sm.c:3460 The system detects an invalid regulatory domain 802.11bg:-E 802.11a:-S for AP 00:81:c4:e7:34:90

Appreciate to all who took their time to read this and hopefully able to point me in the correct direction.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Please check the Wireless LAN Compliance Lookup

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/assets/prod/wireless/wireless-compliance-tool/index.html

in the model AIR-AP2802I-D-K9-D is the regulatory domain of your AP. The -D Regulatory domain is for India and for Singapore you need the Controller AP having -S Regulatory domain so you need AP model AIR-AP2802I-S-K9

So if you are using the AP in Singapore then you need to change the AP hardware to AIR-AP2802I-S-K9. We should strictly follow the specific country regulatory domain to comply with country specific Wireless standards. We should check this regulatory domain for AP before it order.

Please rate for helpful posts and mark correct answers if this solves your issue.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The message denotes that the >AP< must have the same regulatory domain as the controller (or the wlc must be 'synced' with the domain of the ap).

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank you for the prompt reply Marce1000!

I do understand that WLC and AP has to have the same regulatory domain. As per above mentioned, I've set the WLC country code to SG, but on my 802.11bg network it is -E and -SE respectively. 

As for the debug message, can I assume that it is telling me to change WLC regulatory domain to -S, so it matches the AP? 

If so, the WLC does have some bug in which I'm unable to get 11bg network to -S hence will never get the 2 to establish capwap

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/assets/prod/wireless/wireless-compliance-tool/index.html

....>have some bug in which I'm unable to get 11bg network to -S hence will never get the 2 to establish capwap

Confuses me, you only have to set the WLC regulatory domain  according to ap model , hence the referenced link, lookup ap-model and act accordingly.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi Marce1000,

What I've actually meant was this, having my WLC configured country code SG, but regulatory domain of 802.11b/g/n:(Indoor:-E. Outdoor:-SE). Shouldn't it be -S and -S as I've not included other country?

country and regulatory domain.png

As per your reply, I did look up on the compliance sheet for AIR-AP2802I. Complete model name is AIR-AP2802I-D-K9, not sure what are the D and K9 for.

wireless lan Compliance.png

Lastly, what I'm trying to say is am I right for saying that the reason WLC and AP is not connected is due to:
-- WLC 802.11b/g/n regulatory domain is -E and -SE

-- AP requires a -S regulatory domain

-- Hence they are unable to talk due to regulatory domain mismatch of WLC's 802.11b/g/n regulatory domain is -E and -SE but ap is -S

message log.png

If above mentioned is true, which means I just have to get WLC 802.11bgn to be -S, however the question is h-o-w? <-- To be honest, this is the part I think i am choking at.

Pawan Raut
Level 4
Level 4

What’s is your complete AP model name 

The full model name is AIR-AP2802I-D-K9! This opens up more researching... I'll look up on these particular models.

Please check the Wireless LAN Compliance Lookup

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/assets/prod/wireless/wireless-compliance-tool/index.html

in the model AIR-AP2802I-D-K9-D is the regulatory domain of your AP. The -D Regulatory domain is for India and for Singapore you need the Controller AP having -S Regulatory domain so you need AP model AIR-AP2802I-S-K9

So if you are using the AP in Singapore then you need to change the AP hardware to AIR-AP2802I-S-K9. We should strictly follow the specific country regulatory domain to comply with country specific Wireless standards. We should check this regulatory domain for AP before it order.

Please rate for helpful posts and mark correct answers if this solves your issue.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card