Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 2504 with 8.0.X is NOT reliable - Silent Crash

This is very history:

The WLC with version 7.6.130 has worked fine for 1 year and 2 months; then when the customer has added two AP 1702 and I had to upgrade to 8.0 it is started it all: The 2504 WLC has a big problem with all version 8.0.X. it continues to crash up to the death hardware ( silent dead!!)

This are the BUGs  id: CSCus97021 - CSCus55004 - CSCus21276 that make WLC 2504 reliable.

By the same customer, I have had to replace 4 new WLC.

Each RMA device comes without license (you get them separately from Engineer) and no operating system. To load the software there is a procedure that does not work. currently  I active 2 TAC I have replaced 4 WLC: arrived and do not work! (RMA in attachment)

Further Here you can find the TAC number 636225401 and 636136167 and attached screenshots recovery procedures that are not working.  That is incredibile!!!

Now, in continues waiting for WLC to replace,  the customer is working with virtual WLC ( trial license) for which the BUG seems not to be present. This is unacceptable to the customer!

I ask someone of the Businness UNIT to give an official explanation and that is committed to fixare this BUG as soon as possible.

Also, It would be appropriate to open a procedure to migrate all licenses from physical to virtual WLC 2504 because that's what I asked our customers and that is the better that we are doing... sell only virtual appliance!

Thank you.

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card