Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 3504

Dear All

I have two wireless controller model 3504 we need to configure redundancy for primary and secondary . i have total 26 access point and two controller 15 AP license installed .i want all AP working with one controller at a time once primary is down then add automatically secondary controller .we can install 30 license (15+15) the WLC1 and WLC2 it will work or not ?

Please update ASAP

Regards,

Muhammed Hismath vk

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

As per Cisco doc, 3504 acts the same as any other big wlc like 5500 or 8500. Which means, to have HA AP SSO, you must  have one wlc with the total number of AP licence, in your case 26, and a second default HA-SKU controller 

With zero licensing. HA-SKU is meant to be standby WLC. 

Whenthe primary goes down, the standby wlc henritage the total licensing.

If you have two wlc working independently, as looks like is your case,  and now you want to create a cluster, the standby WLC must have at least 50 AP licensing otherwise they won't join as a cluster.

In you scenario you can't  transfer licensing as you don't have a standby wlc as HA-SKU or at least 50 licensing. They will work independently and with the AP licensing they have, which means, you can't transfer all the AP to one WLC if one wlc goes down.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi

As per Cisco doc, 3504 acts the same as any other big wlc like 5500 or 8500. Which means, to have HA AP SSO, you must  have one wlc with the total number of AP licence, in your case 26, and a second default HA-SKU controller 

With zero licensing. HA-SKU is meant to be standby WLC. 

Whenthe primary goes down, the standby wlc henritage the total licensing.

If you have two wlc working independently, as looks like is your case,  and now you want to create a cluster, the standby WLC must have at least 50 AP licensing otherwise they won't join as a cluster.

In you scenario you can't  transfer licensing as you don't have a standby wlc as HA-SKU or at least 50 licensing. They will work independently and with the AP licensing they have, which means, you can't transfer all the AP to one WLC if one wlc goes down.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Thanks All

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
So if both controllers have 15 AP license enabled, then the controller will only take 15 APs.
Now in regards to redundancy (like if one of the two controllers go offline), then 15 APs will join the other controller on a "first come, first server, until full". The APs that were "too late" will be in "limbo".
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: