Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 automatically restarting twice in a week

meiyappan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have very strange issue with my wireless Lan controller. It reboots automatically.

Atleast in week, it restarts once or twice.

If i want to check any historical logs , i can not check since after restarting WLC , all logs will be cleared,

I get the logs from the time it restarts , starting with

COLD STARTS :

I am predicting the issue with temperature setting

right now the Internal temperature is +41 C

How do i check , what is the threshold set for temperature.

can anybody  suggest me anything about this ?

Cisco Controller  Product Version: 8.0.110.0

Kindly suggest how to resolve this issue 

96 Replies 96

I have a customer whom wanted to upgrade to v8.0.115.0 on two pairs of SSO.  It's been over a week and there are no failures yet. 

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi All,

I have been running version 8.0.110.0 on WiSM2 with HA Pair and experiencing the same issue. The controller will automatically reboot once 2 or 3 days, and now its becoming more frequent. 7.6 code is not an option for me since we are in a middle of deploying 900+ 1700 series AP. I'm going for 8.0.115.0 later and see if reboot still occur.

Razmir, thanks for posting about the 8.0.115 release. I had a quick look through the release notes and it I don't see mentioning of solving a reboot issue. Good luck.

Keep us posted and also let us know if you end up opening a TAC case and obtain a bug id.  

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Could this be the one?

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuq74491

Hi Razmir!

Did your upgrade to 8.0.115 fixed your reboot problem?

thanks!

Any update on 8.0.115.0 and the reboot issue?

lbadman
Level 1
Level 1

Oh Joy... count me in on 5508 reboots running 8.0.110.0. I see 8.0.115.0 is now the "preferred" and no sign of 8.0.110.0- which used to be the recommended. 

me 3!

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12457541/5508-76130-fus-and-80115-8-unstable

hi lbadman ,

Did you upgraded to 8.0.115? if yes, did it help?

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You may hit this BUG, Not Fixed
5508 WLC running 8.0.100.0 keeps rebooting
CSCus36055

Symptom:
WLC may reboot spontaneously without generating a crash file

Conditions:
WLC 5508 running 8.0.100.0

Last Modified:
Mar 13,2015
Other
Severity:
2 Severe
Product:
Cisco 5500 Series Wireless Controllers

JP Laporte
Level 1
Level 1

We have the same problem too since the update to 8.0.110. The controller rebooted by itself once last week and twice today.

We went 'live' with this controller last friday...   what a bummer!

We have dual PSU plug on différent electrical circuit and 1 of the circuit is on battery backup.  

I confirm that there is nothing in the crash dump.

Does anybody know if there is a fix in the 8.0... os version or we have to go back to 7.6 for now?

Is there any fix for this problem

Just to inform you guys that I failed back to 7.6 and runnig perfect (no reboot) for 4 days.

.115 is not a fix for random reboots. Downgrading not an option for us and an embarrassing "fix" when it means no longer supporting .11ac.

Supposed to be fix code out Monday of this week.

cmcdonald007
Level 1
Level 1

I've the same problem now with two 5508 Controllers, version 8.0.100 and 8.0.115!!!

They are rebooting randomly.

We Rma ed the first now the second one is doing the same thing upgrade from 7 to 8.0.115 with Fus 1.9

no crash dump Maybe bad batch of 5508 we purchaced at same time I will try the Rma one When it get shipped to us

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: