cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 Licensing

ALIAOF_
Level 6
Level 6

I have recently deployed a 5508 with base license and license for 11 AP's.  Now I want to add another controller for redundancy wanted to find out how the licensing works?  Do I need to get 11 more licenses for this one too?

And as I add AP licenses to the primary controller do I have to add the same number to the secondary one too?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mohammad,

yes, the licensing on the WLC should match if you are wanting to use them for redundancy/failover.  Each WLC will require unique licenses.

HTH,
Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the quesiton as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mohammad,

yes, the licensing on the WLC should match if you are wanting to use them for redundancy/failover.  Each WLC will require unique licenses.

HTH,
Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the quesiton as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Ah that sucks I mean about the licensing lol.  Thank you for the answer.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card