Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 Ports not coming online

enzo99
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I've been facing an issue for which I need some assistance.

We are currently in the progress of switching our Core-Switching Network to Aruba CX 10000-Series switches.

In the progress of that we'd like to migrate our current 5508 WLC HA-Cluster.

The problem is that the distribution system ports of the 5508 are shown as down on the WLC itself. The status LED is orange. On the other side of the link (the Core Switch) the ports are shown as up and forwarding. 

We've set up 4 ports as a LAG on the WLC and Switch. On the switch the LAG is shown as online with all 4 ports in a forwarding state, but we cannot get it to work on the WLC. Using a single link does not work aswell. The ports on the WLC are not shutdown and have the admin enabled mode. Are there any compatability issues known when using a 5508 and Aruba 10000 Series? Do you need specific port settings?
I'd appreciate any help!

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- For starters , scrutinize the 5508 boot process (you may start with a single node) and also just after boot check the logs on the 5508 , see if you can find anything relevant. At that time also check the logs on the connected  Aruba devices , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

How are the switch ports configured? 
AireOS does not support LACP or PAGP - Port-Channel members must be set unconditionally to LAG.

On a Cisco IOS switch you do that with the "channel-group 1 mode on" command so you'll need to find the equivalent for Aruba.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card