cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 TPC - Can Power Level Assignment Method be set in RF Profile?

magurwara
Level 1
Level 1
Re: 5508 WLC Tx Power Control(TPC)- High Density Deployment

My Client's WLC is globally set to Fix AP power level to level 1.  Is it possible to change this setting on an AP Group basis?  Want to auto adjust power for a certain location.  I have created the AP Group for that location and set specific RF Profile, but the RF profile only has min and max power settings, not the control to do fix or Auto power adjustment.

WLC 5508, APs = 1142, 2802, 2602 

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Nope. That sounds like each AP needs to have their Tx power manually configured.
My recommendation is to use CLI.

Thanks Leo. 

If I understand correctly you are saying to configure each AP with a specific power level.  

There is no Auto-Power level adjustment command on AP level either?

If you are using RF Profiles, then set the max and min to the same dbm. That is basically setting a fixed power level. Or else just manually set the power level on the access point itself.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks Scott for the tip.  In my case I don't want to fix power to a certain level but want the AP's to automatically adjust according to the surrounding environment.  

This of course can be set globally, but I was looking to do it for a subset of APs.

Looks like there is no way practically to achieve what you wish to.. RF profiles are the only way to configure a different RF setting for a subset of APs . However, RF profiles don't have an option of configuring the TPS mechanism like automatic/on-demand/Fixed..  This may qualify for an enhancement request for Cisco .. :)

Cheers,

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: