cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 update issue 8.5.182

rudolf.wu123
Level 1
Level 1

when I upgrade to this latest version 8.5.182 from 8.3, my old AP 1602 and 2602I/E can't support multi-interface/VLAN under flex connect mode, my client win10 can't get IP address now, but the other type 2702, 2802 can work.

I also try the central DHCP processing without NAT/PAT mode on those old AP, still can't get IP. My local windows DHCP server not get request actually.

I take four nights to find out this bug, might you help do double check? or this is By-Design?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check if this could be related :

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvq72911

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi Marce

I don't think the bug report workaround, match my situation.  yes, i use flexconnect groups with my all AP, but i shouldn't lock one WLAN to one VLAN in that mapping tab. i set interface group into WLAN, so different users should into different interface/vlan.

any other suggestion, or still not catch you up?

Thanks

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is the DHCP discover messages hitting your Layer3 interfaces?

What is the switchport configuration for these AP's?

Do you have all the VLAN's allowed towards the AP trunk port?

Hi Arshadsaf

all those APs (1602,2602,2702,2802) use trunk mode with native vlan (= wlc management interface vlan), allow all vlan as default.

in 8.5.182, my dhcp server get the request, not discover (maybe i didn't do much test) from my core sw vlan interface, but that's from wrong interface, even wlc already get command from my radius server

so return wrong ip to client from 2602.

under 8.3.133, everything fine, the old ap work as new ap (2702,2802)

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Couldn't find anything in the release notes in regards to that, I think it's time to open a TAC.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card