Helpful
Replies

WLC 5520 weird error while troubleshooting

AdF44
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

During ssh session i see the following messages:

>FP0.16:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.03:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.05:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.11:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.02:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.12:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.20:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.18:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.11:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.19:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.10:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.09:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.00:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.00:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.03:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.13:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.00:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.16:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.20:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.18:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.00:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.07:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.08:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.13:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.14:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.08:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.17:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.17:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.01:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.16:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!FP0.22:Punting TCP traffic to CP with IPv4 payload type!!!

The actual release AireOS is: 8.10.151.0 and uptime 17days.

No changes have been done and this message started randomly, but we don't see any impact of the production, apparently.

Any Idea?

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Looks like some resource related bug or problem , if remaining in production   is important , I would leave things as they are for the time being ; otherwise and or if user related problems would  appear  then according to
         https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/wireless-lan-controller-software/200046-tac-recommended-aireos.html
                      consider : https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286284738/type/280926587/release/8.10.190.0

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

As Marce said your software is out of date so you should consider upgrade.

And did you enable any debugs? (show debug)
If debugs are enabled then "debug disable-all"

If you can't type the command because of all the output then copy and paste it in followed by ENTER.
Debugs don't stop instantly because it may buffer some before the command takes effect but the next time you login it should have stopped.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card