cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Guest Connection

cantrell.mike
Level 1
Level 1

Can I set up a guest wifi connection on my Cisco WLC 2504 if I already have WLANs set up inside my corporate network? I want to use port 4 and connect it directly to my ISP so that it is outside of the corporate network. I set up an interface with a valid IP from the ISP and created a "Contractor" WLAN to use that interface.

I am new to wireless controllers so I don't know what I am missing. My corporate wifi works great.

Thanks

Mike

6 Replies 6

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That should work.  What type of connection are you using to the ISP 100m or 1G?  It needs to be a 1G connection.

If it is a 1G then, Can you post the config of the WLAN and the interface?

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

I have a similar scenario, 2504 WLC with an existing WLAN. Client is requesting a "guest" WLAN that hits a radius gateway device for captive portal before it goes to the internet. Will be interesting to see how this can work.

The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'. So I installed LINUX...

What do you mean hit a radius gateway for a portal page?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Yes a portal page similar to hotels. Client purchased a 3rd party wireless "radius gateway" they want the guest traffic to hit and authenticate to before it travels the internet. It's my first install of a device such as this which is why I am researching and reaching out for assistance.

I don't understand where your problem is? maybe you post the SSID settings for us?

Is the DHCP reachable and provides addresses from the provider space..otherwise the clients are not able to work..

in your case u can only use this SSID with 6 hosts...one is the WLC...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card