Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Guest WEB Authentification

a-weitzel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to configure on a WLC 2504 Internet-Access for Guests through a web authentication.

But I always find configuration instructions only describe the with the additional anchor WLC?

This works but also without anchor WLC, right?

Can anyone give a hint on where I find a manual for it (ideal for Release 7.4 or 7.5) to me.

Thank you

Alexander

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes it will work.

You just need to define the L3 security as webauth in the WLAN.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Erwin Salazar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Should be fairly straight forward in the configuration guide below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.4/configuration/guides/consolidated/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED_chapter_01010100.html#ID1389

Anchors are only typically needed in a DMZ environment if you want to segregate your guest traffic from your internal network.

Cheers, Erwin ______________________________________ How helpful was I? Don't forget to rate me when you have the chance!

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It does indeed. When I use the foreign controller for guest access, I often will use a 5508 in port mode (non lag) and break out a port for guest.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card