cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC name changes for no reason

williamehmke1
Level 1
Level 1

I am at a loss and hopefully can get some answers on here. I have an open case with Cisco but they seem stumped as well. I have 3 WLC in my environment and for this forum i'll call them WLC1, WLC2 & WLC3. Periodically something is causing WLC3 to change it's name only (not IP) to WLC1 while WLC1 is still up and running and it causes all sorts of issues. Going in and changing the name back to WLC3 and then running a discovery on Prime restores everything. Has anyone else seen or experienced this issue before.

Prime is version 2.0 and the controller info is as follows:

System Information
Manufacturer's Name.............................. Cisco Systems Inc.
Product Name..................................... Cisco Controller
Product Version.................................. 7.4.121.0
Bootloader Version............................... 1.0.20
Field Recovery Image Version..................... 7.6.95.16
Firmware Version................................. FPGA 1.7, Env 1.8, USB console 2.2
Build Type....................................... DATA + WPS

Any help is greatly appreciated

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Going in and changing the name back to WLC3 and then running a discovery on Prime restores everything.

Just for tricks, can you please disable Prime from monitoring the WLC and see if this fixes things?

I could but we use Prime for managing these WLC's and because the change doesn't always happen for weeks or a month or 2 before it acts up again and i can't not have visibility into the WLC for this period of time

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card