cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC on 2921 SRE

miket
Level 5
Level 5

I have a wireless controller on sre 710 enigine. version 7.4.100.  when I try add a fourth controller  interface the gui will not work. Soon as I delete from CLI it comes back.

There is nothing differnet from another interface only ip. Strange issue I used the install wlc on sre guide..

8 Replies 8

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your not adding a dynamic interface for the vlan you are on, are you?

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Yes I am .. I have one added and this is the second one. Also someone created a virtual that cannot be deleted.

when I create the interface that stops the GUI I detele from cli. I also tried to create from the cli and same thing happens

You cannot delete a Virtual Interface.  You can, however, delete a dynamic virtual interface.

The WLC doesn't bridge by default. If you add a dynamic interface for a vlan you are on, on the wired side the WLC doesn't respond properly. This would
Be why you lose access when you add the new interface.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to I fix it Is there a way to makeit bridge

You can buy it then can expose the WLC to mgmt from the wireless interfaces.

It is not really a recommended practice. You are better off having separate vlan on the wireless.

Config network mgmt-via-dynamic-interface enable should let you pass traffic, but again I wouldn't really go this route if you don't absolutely have to.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

Stephen, thanks for the quick  replies. Is this a limitation of the SRE module? Because I do have a real WLC connected to a bunch of AP's as well as ISE.  There I have both wired and wireless on the same SSID and subnet ,, This being said to me I am not sure what difference it makes if wireless and wired are on same subnet. The pc's can talk to any subnet as well as any device in the customer enviorment so what difference does it matter what device is on what subnet they all talk to each other,,

The only real difference is one subnet is easier to maintain rather than seperate subnets.

If you put each and every device on the same subnet it would be big security breach. I will never recommend that you put each and every device on same subnet. If you do any one can access to your devices and do unauthorized changes.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card