cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Provided Splash Page on No Auth Guest

jvasilko
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to know if it is possible to get my guest anchor controller to provide a splash page to guest users if there will be no authentication required.  From what I can tell, in order to get a splash page, I need some sort of web auth configured.  This guest test will be for a dark internet connection with no auth, but want to provide the legal disclaimer.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

VIvanov
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, its possible, refer to your versions documentation, but the basic process is as follows.

download the web auth bundle, edit files, tar them, upload the new bundle to WLC.

put the WLC SSID on pass-through(l3? authentication) and apply the web bundle to the SSID.

Thank you for the quick reply.  Please give me some time to test and verify and I will get back and update.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Yes you can, it called ‘passthrough’. When you configure your wlan layer 3 security, you would choose web policy and then passthrough. Users will just have to click accept to get access.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Ok, I have a default splash page to redirect to, but when I put the SSID into passthrough mode, the client loses connection and can no longer get to the internet.  I suppose I am missing some other sort of config on the WLC.

The client needs to hit the portal and then click on accept. That is the process that works. If you switch the method, then make sure you remove the client from the controller.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card