cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Software

jphilope
Level 3
Level 3

I'm trying to load the new WLC software. It's 36+ meg. The WLC only allows TFTP transfers. The file is to large for TFTP. Please don;t tell me the only way to load this file is XMODEM???

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

Have a look at the Free TFTP Servers listed in this excellent post (no file size limit :);

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Wireless%20-%20Mobility&topic=General&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddf32e9

Hope this helps!

Rob

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Friend,

WLC does not support XMODEM. Also I use Tftpd32 to upload images on my WLC and it works like a champ.

Good Luck!!

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

I had the same issue and loaded the image via a WCS. You can get a 30 day evaluation license and install it easily on a dedicated server. What's more, if you decide to buy a license for the WCS all the configurations you made while using the 30 day license will be retained.

If you are doing any sort of implementation where you plan on having more than 2 controllers then the WCS is the way to go. It's the best method for keeping all your WLC configuration changes in sync and it can upload software images simultaneously to all of your WLCs.

Hope this helps.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card