cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC2106 - how to bridge WLAN to LAN?

lgmarkis
Level 1
Level 1

I have my WLC2106 on a network with no VLANs and no 802.1q.  I have a DHCP server already on the LAN.

However, it seems like I still need to configure the WLC to proxy the DHCP requests from the wireless clients.  Is there any way for me to run the WLAN in pure bridge mode and not have the WLC do any kind of DHCP proxying so my wireless clients talk directly to the DHCP server?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

tfraij
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Larry,

as i understand you want to disable WLC DHCP proxy, and having the client taking IP via normal broadcast in network, correct?

if yes then you can do this by

config dhpc proxy disable

please let me know if this helps?

Kind regards

========

Talal
please rate answers that you find useful , and mark as answered - when it is :-) - so others can find it easily

View solution in original post

Tiago Antunes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes, the answer is to disable proxy on the WLC liks Talal mentioned with the command "config dhcp proxy disable".

Please find very good information regarding the DHCP modes on the WLC:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_tech_note09186a0080af5d13.shtml#DHCP-Bridging-Mode.

HTH,
Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

tfraij
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Larry,

as i understand you want to disable WLC DHCP proxy, and having the client taking IP via normal broadcast in network, correct?

if yes then you can do this by

config dhpc proxy disable

please let me know if this helps?

Kind regards

========

Talal
please rate answers that you find useful , and mark as answered - when it is :-) - so others can find it easily

Tiago Antunes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes, the answer is to disable proxy on the WLC liks Talal mentioned with the command "config dhcp proxy disable".

Please find very good information regarding the DHCP modes on the WLC:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_tech_note09186a0080af5d13.shtml#DHCP-Bridging-Mode.

HTH,
Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

It looks like disabling the dhcp proxy helped.  Thanks for the answers!

However, I have a couple of different questions now related to bridging:

- From the documentation, it looks like I need to have a virtual interface for each VLAN that I want to have a WLAN for.  Why is this necessary?  It seems like a waste of an IP address.

- When I have my AP connected to a POE port of the WLC2106, I can't ping it from a PC on the LAN.  What would cause this?  When I plug the WLC into a different switch, I can ping it from the same PC just fine.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card