cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC2504 can see AP 3802 , but it says "Operational status down" , and the AP's doesnt broadcasting SSID ? Need help, Thank you

Yunus
Level 1
Level 1
6 Replies 6

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

paste the output of these commands:

sh sysinfo from WLC

sh version from AP

also check admin status of Radios on WLC.

wireless > 802.11a/n/ac or 802.11b/g/n and check if network status is enabled or not !

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi

You can check a few things:

• ensure you have configured the correct country code/regulatory domain for the AP
  • check that AP is enabled
  • check AP is support by code on the WLC

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

Hi Yunus,

Seems AP is not getting appropriate power to broad cast the SSID. Can you please check the power of the AP. 

Also please share the show logging output from the Access Point.

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

what is the  PoE Status column say...  PoE/Medium Power (15.4 W)? 

3802 radios do not turn on unless feed full power..

We can otherwise configure them on a 3750g, but no warm fuzzies.

It was nice when I had 2960X at the desk or evan the 3660

estradaf11
Level 1
Level 1

If AP is connected to a PoE switch, maybe it´s not receiving full power. Same happened to me and it was because CDP was disabled in each port of the switch. PoE uses CDP to negotiate power and the 3802i was receiving less power than needed. I enabled CDP and then the two radios came up

Gabriele88
Level 1
Level 1

If a 3802 will not receive the fullpower, both radios will not turn on.

With a 15.4 power (Medium/Low power), the AP is able to turn on and join the WLC only

Refer to the Power Matrix: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9100-access-points/215467-cisco-access-point-power-requirements-qu.html

Regards,

Gabriele

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: