Views
Helpful
Replies

wlc2504 compatability with unifi lr access point

buzingo.matumo
Level 1
Level 1

i have 2 issues:-

1. is the cisco wlc2504 compatible with unifi lr access point. i mean can i use the cisco wlc to manage the unifi access points?

2. a guide for wlc2504 says that the access point will not be able to join the wlc until i install license, other than those shipped with the wlc. please, if this is the case, what can i do?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

1. is the cisco wlc2504 compatible with unifi lr access point. i mean can i use the cisco wlc to manage the unifi access points?

Yes/No, depend son the SW version on WLC. Check here the compatibility matrix:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

2. a guide for wlc2504 says that the access point will not be able to join the wlc until i install license, other than those shipped with the wlc. please, if this is the case, what can i do?

If you have enough Base license(Hardware inbuilt license ) on WLC  then AP will join else not.

If you have more AP then you have the license on WLC then you will need to buy adder license for WLC to join rest of the APs.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Yes/No, depend son the SW version on WLC. Check here the compatibility matrix:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

If you have enough Base license(Hardware inbuilt license ) on WLC  then AP will join else not.

If you have more AP then you have the license on WLC then you will need to buy adder license for WLC to join rest of the APs.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

buzingo.matumo
Level 1
Level 1

thanks - will come back to u pls

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card