Views
Helpful
Replies

WLSE Does not discover AP on distant site

Julzou59150
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I configure a WLSE with AP 1200 series. In the main site there is no problem, all AP are discovered by the the WLSE.

On distant site (connect by VPN to the main site), AP are configured tu use a WDS. This one, is configured to use a WNM (the WLSE).

But the status of WNM is "not authenticated" and I cannot find the distant AP in my WLSE.

Can you help me please ?

Thanks by advance for your answer.

Best regards.

5 Replies 5

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

WLSE uses CDP queries to find out the neighbors of the device you specify. Have you set the hop count to the right number, while discovering ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Also you have to specify a seed device. Make sure you enable CDP between the seed device and the AP. Typically seed devices can be switches to which remote APs are connected. Also like I said in the post above, you should set the hop count right.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I make some different test. I think the problem comes by my snmp communitie.

The error message is SNMP is unreachable, but I don't know why.

Fisrt of all thanks a lot for answer me so quickly.

Yes, I change the hop of CDP. I try different but without success.

The distant AP are behing two firewalls (No filtering are made on VPN connection). So I put the same hop number that the command ping (I hope you understand me :-)).

I notice that when I try to join a distant AP with the snmp connectivity tool, I have a timeout. I don't know why because the distant AP and the local AP have the same configuration and it works on the local AP.

Can you give me some tracks of reflexion ?

I found the solution !

It's my partner who have block the snmp flux in firewall.

That's all. Thanks for your help.

@+

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card