I have a cluster out of 2 ASR9001 and have the following questions regarding license installation. I'll try to make my questions of the yes or no type answer.
- i know the nv-cluster license is required, per the installation guide it's recommended that the license is generated by using the S/N of rack0. is this enough?
- should i install a second nv-cluster license generated by using the S/N of rack1?
- i purchased 2 iVRF licenses, one for each, rack 0 and rack 1 in this cluster. should i install just one with rack0 S/N?
- should i generate second ivrf license by using rack1 S/N and install that one also?
- i already installed the rack0 S/N ivrf license and already configured a working vrf (the vrf is operational), but when i show the licenses it doesn't show as active/operational, is this correct?
Wed Jan 15 18:47:35.532 CST
FeatureID: A9K-NV-CLUSTR-LIC (Slot based, Permanent)
Total licenses 1
Available for use 1
Allocated to location 0
Store name Permanent
Store index 1
Total licenses in pool: 1
Status: Available 1 Operational: 0
FeatureID: A9K-iVRF-LIC (Slot based, Permanent)
Store index 2
Wed Jan 15 18:48:09.293 CST
!! IOS XR Admin Configuration 4.3.2
serial XXXXXXX rack 0
serial YYYYYYY rack 1
Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: