cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

After Upgrade IOS XR 6.4.2 RSP Standby NSR-not-configured

3Dg4RIP
Level 1
Level 1
Hi, I executed upgrade in ASR9010 with RSP A9K-RSP440-TR and A9K-RSP880-SE, in the previous version (IOS XR 6.1.4 and IOS XR 5.3.3) When I showed the show redundancy the Redundancy node status was NSR-Ready, but with IOS XR 6.4.2 the status is: NSR-not-configured. Is a normal behavior with IOS XR 6.4.2 or not, or this is a bug reported or something like that. Thanks in advanced for support!
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This was fixed in 6.2.1 via CSCvb78536.

In the earlier releases the "Node Groups" were also marked as "NSR Ready", the output has been enhanced in the 6.2.x release to reflect the fact the it is applicable to "Backup node" only.

The "Process groups" are the actual processes which get sync'd between the active and standby RSP. As we can see in the output that the process groups for the device are completely in sync and that the processes themselves also report being NSR ready as well.

Thanks,

Sam

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This was fixed in 6.2.1 via CSCvb78536.

In the earlier releases the "Node Groups" were also marked as "NSR Ready", the output has been enhanced in the 6.2.x release to reflect the fact the it is applicable to "Backup node" only.

The "Process groups" are the actual processes which get sync'd between the active and standby RSP. As we can see in the output that the process groups for the device are completely in sync and that the processes themselves also report being NSR ready as well.

Thanks,

Sam

Hi, what about the NSR-not-configured? Is a normal behavior? That's the normal operation, I know that redundancy is already done, also tested the switchover and everything is working fine. I just clearify for the "NSR-not-configured" message.

Node 0/RSP0/CPU0 is in ACTIVE role
Node Redundancy Partner (0/RSP1/CPU0) is in STANDBY role
Standby node in 0/RSP1/CPU0 is ready
Standby node in 0/RSP1/CPU0 is NSR-not-configured
Node 0/RSP0/CPU0 is in process group PRIMARY role
Process Redundancy Partner (0/RSP1/CPU0) is in BACKUP role
Backup node in 0/RSP1/CPU0 is ready
Backup node in 0/RSP1/CPU0 is NSR-ready

Group Primary Backup Status
--------- --------- --------- ---------
v6-routing 0/RSP0/CPU0 0/RSP1/CPU0 Ready
mcast-routing 0/RSP0/CPU0 0/RSP1/CPU0 Ready
netmgmt 0/RSP0/CPU0 0/RSP1/CPU0 Ready
v4-routing 0/RSP0/CPU0 0/RSP1/CPU0 Ready
central-services 0/RSP0/CPU0 0/RSP1/CPU0 Ready
dsc 0/RSP0/CPU0 0/RSP1/CPU0 Ready
dlrsc 0/RSP0/CPU0 0/RSP1/CPU0 Ready

Yes I already answered that.

There is a difference in node redundancy and process redundancy. Node redundancy is between RSPs in the same rack, process group redundancy is between dSC and backup dSC. A good way to think about it is if you have a cluster.

Single Shelf

Cluster

Infra - Active Everywhere

•GSP

•SysMgr

•NetIO

Admin - Active / Standby (intra-rack)

•ShelfMgr

•Envmon

Control - Active / Standby (intra-rack)

•OSPF

•RIB

•LDP

•BundleMgr

Infra - Active Everywhere

•GSP

•SysMgr

•NetIO

Admin - Active / Standby (intra-rack)

•ShelfMgr

•Envmon

Control - Active / Standby (dSC pair)

•OSPF

•RIB

•LDP

•BundleMgr

So the node redundancy is for the admin stuff listed above, they don't have NSR, but control or process redundancy does have NSR.

I hope that clears things up.

Sam

Hi Sam, Thanks for your clarification.

Just a last question, Now, When I did a commit, I saw message HA-REDCON-1-BACKUP_NOT_READY (see below) a few seconds appear HA-REDCON-1-BACKUP_READY, this is normal, after your explain from 6.2.X there is a difference in node redundancy and process redundancy.

Thanks in advanced.

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:Oct 18 07:43:25.002 GMT: rmf_svr[404]: %HA-REDCON-1-BACKUP_NOT_READY : backup process groups between 0/RSP0/CPU0 and 0/RSP1/CPU0 are NOT ready
RP/0/RSP1/CPU0:Oct 18 07:43:25.003 GMT: rmf_svr[404]: %HA-REDCON-6-STBY_BACKUP_NOT_READY : This card is standby and its backup process groups are NOT ready
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:Oct 18 07:43:25.007 GMT: rmf_svr[404]: %HA-REDCON-1-BACKUP_READY : backup process groups between 0/RSP0/CPU0 and 0/RSP1/CPU0 are ready

Hi Sam, Thanks for your comments! it's great helpful!