Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR9006 - Mod80 license

nchhetri
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a single ASR9006 with 2 mod80 line cards. I need to install the vrf license for both the slots. On the ciscos  license web site, when you register the licence , its tied to the serial # of the chassis - sh license udi,  the first registration goes fine , but when i tried to register the second mod80, it gives an error. Is this bcos the system thinks that  one mod 80 is already registered to a single chassis  ?

So how do you register 2 mod 80 license in a single chassis ?

Thanks

Naresh

3 Replies 3

xthuijs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Naresh,

if you do the show license, do you see that there is an available number of 2?

then in the configuration you configure the licenses tied to a slot:

license location 0/0/cpu0

and same for the other one.

when you are in the licensing tool, when you submit your PAK it should show your entitlement.

eg 2 vrf licenses.

then you can assign these 2 licenses to the same serial.

if you did 1 the first time only, you can do it a second time and then youll get a new lic for 2 that needs tob e applied to the router.

once the licenses are applied, you assign them to the LC, but they will not get active until you define a physical (sub)interface with a vrf and then the lic will move to an activated and assigned state.

this may help also:

http://www.cisco.com/web/Cisco_IOS_XR_Software/pdf/ASR9000_SWE_User_whitepaper.pdf

xander

Thanks Alexander. In my case, the license was  assigned to 2 seperate chassis but we want  to use 2 license on a single chassis. We are workign with the license support team to resolve this.

Much Thanks

Naresh

aha yeah I wanted to say, if you had assigned the lics over 2 different chassis you need to have the lic support team revoke the lic from chassis X and add it to chassis Y.

cheers

xander