Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR9010 Licensing

We've recently added A9K-AIP-LIC-B.  Slot based license.  We have two.  

It shows up:
FeatureID: A9K-AIP-LIC-B (Slot based, Permanent)
Total licenses 2
Available for use 2
Allocated to location 0
Active 0
Store name Permanent
Store index 1
Pool: Owner
Total licenses in pool: 2

I've configured this as well:

license A9K-AIP-LIC-B
type permanent
location 0/3/CPU0
location 0/6/CPU0

But license is not active.  Can't seem to find any good info:

(admin)#sh license active
Tue Dec 6 15:17:26.237 UTC

Info : There are no features or licenses to display.

Any thoughts on how to activate this new license?  Thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The AIP licenses become active after VRFs are applied to interface configs IIRC. How many VRFs are configured? A few can be configured for free, only after that will the license be consumed.

Sam

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Appreciate the info.  There are many VRF's configured.  The license was due to the amount of vrf's on cards.  The below error is still showing after license configuration.  

(admin)#LC/0/3/CPU0:Dec 6 14:47:08.115 : rsi_agent[324]: %LICENSE-ASR9K_LICENSE-2-INFRA_VRF_NEEDED : 2 VRF(s) are configured without a valid license / license configuration for A9K-iVRF-LIC in violation of the Software Right To Use Agreement. This feature may be disabled by the system without the appropriate license. Contact Cisco to purchase the license immediately to avoid potential service interruption.

I don't believe I need to remove/re-install, but I'd think it would need to be activated or something.  However, I could not find an article on like an install activate command etc.  

Thanks again for the assistance.  

LC 3 is only complaining about 2 VRFs needing a license, and it wants the iVRF license not the AIP license.

Sam

Since we're using MOD80 TR, we need A9KMOD80-AIP-TR.  iVRF will not be required with AIP.  AIP allows VRF to full scale of chassis/module.  We got the wrong license...  I'm correcting that at this time.  Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.  Very much appreciate.