Helpful
Replies

ASR9K %LICENSE-ASR9K_LICENSE-2-ADV_IP_NEEDED

budilasmono
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

Recently ASR9K generate this log :

LC/0/0/CPU0:Mar  1 02:51:13 : rsi_agent[318]: %LICENSE-ASR9K_LICENSE-2-ADV_IP_NEEDED : 14 VRF(s) are configured without a valid license / license configuration for A9K-9001-AIP-LIC in violation of the Software Right To Use Agreement. This feature may be disabled by the system without the appropriate license. Contact Cisco to purchase the license immediately to avoid potential service interruption. 

But the devices already installed with A9K-9001-AIP-LIC :

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:CG-PE-05#show license

Wed Mar 20 10:10:26.111 WIB

FeatureID: A9K-9001-AIP-LIC (Slot based, Permanent) 

Total licenses 1

Available for use         1

Allocated to location     0

Active                    0

Store name             Permanent

Store index               1

Pool: Owner

Total licenses in pool: 1

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:CG-PE-05#sh install active summ

Wed Mar 20 10:16:32.806 WIB

Active Packages:

disk0:asr9k-services-p-4.2.3

disk0:asr9k-mini-p-4.2.3

disk0:asr9k-optic-4.2.3

disk0:asr9k-doc-p-4.2.3

disk0:asr9k-k9sec-p-4.2.3

disk0:asr9k-mpls-p-4.2.3

disk0:asr9k-mgbl-p-4.2.3

disk0:asr9k-mcast-p-4.2.3

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:CG-PE-05#

The device also has ASR9001-RP and A9K-MPA-20X1GE module.

So that means ?

what we should do to enable MPLS VPNL3, VRF on ASR9001 ? Please help.

Thanks,

Budi L

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I am not currently aware of any reason why the LC would reload due to this license being added or binding to the slot. After configuring the license for the slot and the trigger for the license occuring the license will be pulled out of the available pool and bound to that slot.

Regards,

Sam

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Budi,

From that output I see that you have a "slot based permanent" license.

Currently this license is being stored in the license pool but is not being checked-out and bound to the slot as seen by "Available for use 1" and "Allocated to location 0".

From this I can tell that you already added the license to the chassis with '(admin) license add [license name]' but not to the slot with '(admin) license [license name] location {node-id}'. Please try this second step and let us know the outcome.

HTH,

Sam

As Samuel said, there is always an activate step involved after a software or feature installation.

You probably just added the license and don't activated it.

Follow the full steps described at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k_r4.2/system_management/configuration/guide/b_sysman_cg42asr9k_chapter_0101.html#d18405e485a1635

Regards

Hi Andre and Samuel,

We did not do your suggestion yet. Because the box is already on production network.

My question is, if we binding the license to the line card, is it traffic impacting ?

Is the line card going to reboot or the chassis going to reboot ?

Or its not traffic impacted, and license just work immediately after we activate to the line card ?

Thanks a lot,

Budi L

I am not currently aware of any reason why the LC would reload due to this license being added or binding to the slot. After configuring the license for the slot and the trigger for the license occuring the license will be pulled out of the available pool and bound to that slot.

Regards,

Sam