Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth and Bandwidth Remaining cannot be both configured on a queue

Yuyang Jin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I have bumped into an issue when I trying to configure QoS no ASR9K router ver IOS XR 4.2.0. When I try to commit the configuration, I got error message below preventing me from configuring bandwidth and bandwidth-remaining on the queue. However, from the Cisco book QoS for IP/MPLS Network page 232, the configuration example for IOS XR shows both bandwidth and bandwidth-remaining on a queue. Plus, there is no restriction mentioned in the Cisco Configuration Guide for ASR9K router 4.2.0.

Could anyone help? Thanks.

------------output for show configuration failed-------------------

!!% 'qos-ea' detected the 'warning' condition 'Both bandwidth and bandwidth-remaining actions cannot be configured together in leaf-level of the queuing hierarchy'

!

policy-map PHB1

class PQ1

priority level 1

police rate percent 10

!

!

class PQ2

priority level 1

police rate percent 80

!

!

class CLASS3

bandwidth percent 10

bandwidth remaining percent 5

!

class CLASS4

bandwidth remaining percent 90

!

class class-default

!

end-policy-map

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0/30

service-policy output PHB1

!!% 'qos-ea' detected the 'warning' condition 'Both bandwidth and bandwidth-remaining actions cannot be configured together in leaf-level of the queuing hierarchy'

!

policy-map PHB1
class PQ1
  priority level 1
  police rate percent 10
  !
!
class PQ2
  priority level 1
  police rate percent 80
  !
!
class CLASS3
  bandwidth percent 10
!
class CLASS4
  bandwidth remaining percent 90
!
class class-default
!
end-policy-map

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0/30
service-policy output PHB1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dpothier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi Yuyang,

Please see the 4.2.0 QOS MQC guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k_r4.2/qos/configuration/guide/qc42hqos.html#wp1237156

It looks like your class CLASS3 is the problem. You can specify "bandwidth" or "bandwidth remaining" or

"shape average".

regards,

David

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dpothier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi Yuyang,

Please see the 4.2.0 QOS MQC guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k_r4.2/qos/configuration/guide/qc42hqos.html#wp1237156

It looks like your class CLASS3 is the problem. You can specify "bandwidth" or "bandwidth remaining" or

"shape average".

regards,

David

Thanks David. I found the restriction for the ASR9K Line card as specified in the document you provided.

regards,

Yuyang

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: