Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

changing root-lr password on sysadmin-vm

Hello,

When I initial configured our NCS routers, i used the same admin username for XR Vm, and sysadmin vm. Now to have more order in the system i want to separate them. Leave `admin` for root-lr, and use new user `adminxr` for xr vm.

1) I will create a new user on XR vm.
2) I need to change the initial entered root-lr password to new one.

The first step is quite easy i think.

The second one is more interesting - I will enter the sysadmin vm, and then i would find my root lr user here: "aaa authentication users user admin". And then in this aaa configuration context i would apply new password. That should be it. Also, i read that it's recommended to change the disaster recover password also, because it's the same as it was entered when the system was set up first time > aaa disaster-recovery username admin password `password`

Do i'm here missing something ?

Also, as i understand when i change the password on this sysadmin vm. The password under the same user (admin) on XR VM will not be changed, yes ?

Thanks for any input.

1 Reply 1

pigallo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@EdvinasKairys11982 wrote:

Hello,

When I initial configured our NCS routers, i used the same admin username for XR Vm, and sysadmin vm. Now to have more order in the system i want to separate them. Leave `admin` for root-lr, and use new user `adminxr` for xr vm.

1) I will create a new user on XR vm.
2) I need to change the initial entered root-lr password to new one.

The first step is quite easy i think.

The second one is more interesting - I will enter the sysadmin vm, and then i would find my root lr user here: "aaa authentication users user admin". And then in this aaa configuration context i would apply new password. That should be it. Also, i read that it's recommended to change the disaster recover password also, because it's the same as it was entered when the system was set up first time > aaa disaster-recovery username admin password `password`

Do i'm here missing something ?

Also, as i understand when i change the password on this sysadmin vm. The password under the same user (admin) on XR VM will not be changed, yes ?

Thanks for any input.

Hi,

i don't think you have to change root-lr password to achieve that.
You could create another username and assign it to the "sysadmin" group to allow access to the admin plane.
This way you can leave unchanged "admin" user and keep using it for router plane.

Regards.