cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Circuit emulation configuration Between SPA 24port CHE1-CE-ATM is connected to HWIC E1 Card.

Ajay Kumar Pal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Expert,

Good Morning.

I got serious problem for me. I trying to configure Circuit emulation CEM  configuration between  Cisco ASR9k to Cisco ISR3900. 

ASR9k router have SPA 24port CHE1-CE-ATM Card.

ISR3900 router have HWIC E1 and NM8CE1T1 PRI Card.

If it is possible to complete this configuration then please help to short out this problem.

7 Replies 7

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ajay,

Are you sure that the SPA is for an ASR 9000?

I believe that that may be an ASR 1000 SPA.

For ASR9K only the OC3 SPA supports CEM:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k_r4-2/interfaces/configuration/guide/hc42asr9kbook/hc42ceop.html

Thanks,

Sam

one other thing to take into consideration is, whether you really need the CEM end to end.

maybe, possibly, we can clock both ends from the line if they have a reliable PSTN like clock source.

Or if you are looking at clock distribution, maybe leveraging something like PTP might be an option to get the clock from its source to the asr9k and have the a9k use that frequency to clock out to the circuit towards the ISR.

What I mean to say is that CEM may not be the only option and depending on scenario, we may even be able to live without simplifying your design?!

cheers!

xander

Hi Xander,

I am attaching diagram in this post. Please refer this network diagram and help to sort out this problem.

I did all possible configuration on both end. Let me try PTP configuration on ASR9K.

Please provide with your inputs.

Thanking you

Ajay kumar Pal

Please refer this network diagram and help to short out this problem. - See more at: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12487106/circuit-emulation-configuration-between-spa-24port-che1-ce-atm-connected-hwic-e1#comment-10453756
PTP

ajay,

in order to troubleshoot this we need a bit more detail then just it doesnt work :).

some show commands from the controller, interface, configuration, l2vpn configuration, on all sides would help us understand a bit more what is not working and how we can possibly remedy that. This spa is supported since XR431, so also make sure that you are on the right release of course.

Also gives us the show and config details from the ISR's, the config, show int and show controller t1 will be important here.

ps the PTP option is more if end to end clocking is needed which allows you to simplify your design a bit eliminating the whole CEM part...

regards

xander

Xander,

Please have a view of the configuration. I have attached the configuration.

I will provide you.......show output by tommorrow evening.

Thanks

Ajay

thanks for the config ajay.

for the show commands, based on this configuration capture the following:

ASRs:

show l2vpn xcon det

show controller e1 0/0/2/23

show int cem 0/0/2/23

ISRs:

show controller e1 0/1/0

show int ser 0/1/0:0

I think, but we'll see from the show commands, that the issue may be partially because you have defined a channel-group on the ISR and using unframed on the A9K side.

also make sure both sides use the same crc framing, but this we can also see from the shows.

will hear from you soon then,

cheers

xander

Hi Sam,

Yes, we are using this SPA in ASR9K and we are able to do CEM configuration. I have already referred that document.

Actually, i am able to do all CEM Configuration in ASR9K.

I don't know, how to make the interface UP. I mean after configuring the controllers on both router. I am getting CEM interface on ASR and Serial interface on ISR.

Please refer this network diagram and help to short out this problem.