cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASR 9010 Copper port problem

mostakimulhuq
Level 1
Level 1

Recently we have purchased Cisco ASR 9010 router. We have setup a 1Gbps copper based SFP module in the line card. It detect the module and I have found this by using show controller. But when I coonect a RJ-45 cable between thre router and my laptop, port do not up, even I connect the cable to a cisco switch that time also it is not working. Is there any command to up this port!

Please help.

Regards,

Shuvo

18 Replies 18

Ciao Niko thanks for your feedbacks so far.

Consider we are speaking about copper ports (SFP-T) and we have 4 different connection to 4 different ports , all do not come up .On remote side there aren't SFPs , there are C3750 (copper ports).

Cabling team is saying cables are ok.

All things lead me to think there is something to investigate on ASR9010 side but i have no more arrows , all suggested commands have been put under interface conf. Without success.

Any idea?

Thanks Riccardo,

Unfortunately within this forum we cant do extensive verification thus TAC case is beneficial for through analysis and fast resolution.

From what I also see is that negotiation does not seem to happen with other side:

Link Partner Autoneg Speed/Duplex: invalid

And as you've shown before autonegotiation is configured on ASR9k side. So we can try disabling it and specifying the speed manually:

- no neg auto

- speed 1000

Check also config on the other side and try forcing link to speed and duplex manually.

Try moving SFP to other ports to see if working fine there. Please also mention what kind of ASR9k/card an IOS-XR version we are talking about.

Niko

HTH,
Niko

Niko , i have solved, it Was  a cabling  issue. Thanks for your support 

The 24x10 supports some copper:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/10GE_Tx_Matrix.html

SFP-H10GB-ACU7M
SFP-H10GB-ACU10M

As for tweaking the OS there are the standard hidden unsupported transceiver commands but those are best effort.