Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Validated design for Service Provider network

pushkin.sawhney
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Can you please suggest good resources for the Service Provider network? Like Cisco Validated Designs (CVD) we have for Enterprise networks. Books, videos, etc.

I am looking for guidance and advice on how to design SP network from scratch, will appreciate your help on this matter as I am from an Enterprise network background.

Thanks in advance.

P

3 Replies 3

decode.chr13
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

For Layer2/Layer3 SP services:
https://xrdocs.io/design/blogs/latest-converged-sdn-transport-ig

You can check the entire blog. Is very resourceful.

philclemens1835
Level 1
Level 1

I was also searching for this, and there really isn't anything available.  There are rumors of an old Cisco Press book with a title something like "ISP Routing".  I'm also attaching a Cisco white paper I found, also old, regarding ISP security measures.  It's a start.  What aspects are you specifically interested in?  What is the general size and purpose of the ISP?

Thanks for the update, There is a Cisco Press book called "Internet Routing Architectures" but that has references for old ISP design and concepts, not relevant to current and Next Generation ISP networks.

I was looking for Cisco validated or reference designs for ISP, XGS-PON (10G capable) to host 100k users to be able to scale up to 500k users, including the Aggregation network (PE) and the ISP Core (P) network.

Any help will be appreciated greatly.