Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure ASR9000 to periodicaly archive the configuration to TFP server

Dear all,

Can anyone Help me.
I am trying to configure ASR9K with  XR to periodically archive the configuration in folder by an ftp server.
The objetive is to periodically archive the running configuration to a folder by an tftp server. The period to archive is 1 week and do not overwrite the old archive. I just configure for others Cisco IOS Software and Juniper equipment, with the configuration below and work very well:

For Cisco IOS

Router> enable 

Router# configure terminal 

Router(config)# archive
         Router(config-archive)# path ftp:// username:password@x.x.x.x/$h-$t    
          Router(config-archive)# time-period 10080 

Router(config-archive)# end

Router# archive config

For Juniper Junos

Router>    

Router> configure

Router# set system archival configuration transfer-interval 1000 archive-sites ftp://username:password@X.X.X.X

For Cisco XR software

????????????????

1 Reply 1

Aleksandar Vidakovic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi Miguel,

IOS XR stores the running configuration in a structured database. You can always check what were the recent changes and restore the configuration from a certain point in the past. So archiving the configuration on external devices is not really required on IOS XR.

If you nevertheless want to achieve this functionality you can automate the execution of "ftp://username:password@ftp-server-ip;VRF/directory/filename" command using EEM/Tcl. Search for "eem tcl xr" in your favourite Internet search engine and you'll find good sample scripts.

Regards,

Aleksandar